Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
Bayer Animal Health
For Use on Beef and Dairy Cattle (Including Lactating) to Control Face Flies, Horn Flies, Gulf Coast Ticks and Spinose Ear Ticks
• Effective against Face Flies and Pyrethroid Susceptible Horn Flies for up to 5 months.
• Kills and Repels Face Flies - mechanical vector of Moraxella bovis bacteria causing “pink eye” of cattle.
• Synergized for extra performance.
Percent By Weight
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Harmful if absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or on clothing. Wear long-sleeved shirt and long pants, socks and shoes, and chemical-resistant gloves made of any waterproof material.
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables exist, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry.
User Safety Recommendations
- Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
- Remove clothing/PPE immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
- Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
If on Skin or Clothing:
• Take off contaminated clothing.
• Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15-20 minutes.
• Call a poison control center or doctor for further treatment advice.
If in Eyes:
• Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove contact lenses if present after the first 5 minutes, and then continue rinsing eye.
• Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
• Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
• Have a person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
• Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor.
• Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
• Move person to fresh air.
• If person is not breathing call 911 or an ambulance then give artificial respiration, preferably mouth-to-mouth if possible.
HOTLINE NUMBER: Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment. For emergency medical treatment, call 1.800-422-9874. For customer service or to obtain product information, including MSDS, call 1.800-633-3796.
Environmental Hazards: This product is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and aquatic invertebrates. Do not contaminate water when disposing of used tags. Apply this product only as specified on the label.
Directions for Use:
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. This labeling must be in the possession of the user at the time of pesticide application.
For the control of horn flies, face flies, Gulf Coast ticks and spinose ear ticks on beef and dairy cattle (including lactating).
All mature animals in the herd should be tagged. For adequate control of horn flies attach one tag per animal. For optimum control of face flies, horn flies, Gulf Coast ticks and spinose ear ticks, attach one tag to each ear (two per animal). Replace as necessary. CyLence Ultra® Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags have been proven to be effective against face and horn flies for up to five months.
Use the Allflex® Universal Total Tagger with red pin and black clip to apply tags to cattle.
Apply as indicated (Figures 1-4). Calves less than 3 months of age should not be tagged as ear damage may result. Remove tags at end of fly season or prior to slaughter.
| || || || |
prior to use. Place
male button onto
Slide tag under
the clip of the
pliers by depressing
Position tag in the
center portion of
the front side of
Apply the tag
second and third
Continual exposure of horn flies to a single class of insecticide (e.g., pyrethroids or organophosphates) may lead to the development of resistance to that class of insecticide. In order to reduce the possibility of horn flies developing resistance it is important to rotate the class of insecticide used and/or the method of horn fly control on a seasonal basis. CyLence Ultra® Insecticide Cattle Ear Tags contain the pyrethroid insecticide beta-cyfluthrin plus piperonyl butoxide, which is an insecticide synergist.
Storage and Disposal:
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Pesticide Storage: Store in cool place in original container. Opened pouches containing ear tags should be resealed for storage.
Pesticide Disposal: Waste (spent tags) resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Container Disposal: Dispose of empty pouch in a sanitary landfill or by incineration, or if allowed by State and local authorities, by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
Bayer HealthCare LLC, Animal Health Division, warrants that this material conforms to the chemical description on the label. TO THE EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW, BAYER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS OR OF MERCHANTABILITY, and no agent of Bayer is authorized to do so except in writing with a specific reference to this warranty. Any damages arising from a breach of this warranty shall be limited to direct damages and shall not include consequential commercial damages such as loss of profits or values, etc.