EQUIMAX™ is an FDA-approved, all-in-one dewormer that combines ivermectin and praziquantel to safely and effectively rid horses of all major internal parasites, including tapeworms, in a single dose.
to watch animations that will show you how tapeworms can affect your horse.
EQUIMAX (ivermectin/praziquantel) paste is indicated for the treatment and control of the following parasites:
- Tapeworms, Anoplocephala perfoliata
- Large strongyles (adults) Strongylus vulgaris (also early forms in blood vessels), S. edentatus (also tissue stages), S. equinus, Triodontophorus spp.
- Small strongyles (adults, including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds): Cyathostomum spp., Cylicocyclus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicodontophorus spp., Habronema muscae
- Small Strongyles (fourth-stage larvae)
- Pinworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae): Oxyuris equi
- Ascarids (adults and third- and fourth-stage larvae): Parascaris equorum
- Hairworms (adults): Trichostrongylus axei
- Large-mouth stomach worms (adults): Habronema muscae
- Bots (oral and gastric stages): Gasterophilus spp.
- Lungworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae): Dictyocaulus arnfieldi
- Intestinal threadworms (adults): Strongyloides westeri
- Summer sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae
- Dermatitis caused by neck threadworm microfilariae, Onchocerca spp.
Packaged in 6.42-g oral syringe, net weight 0.225 oz, one syringe treats horses up to 1,320 lbs.
EQUIMAX is also available exclusively to equine veterinarians in the EQUIMAX Vet Pack, which contains 72 individual syringes, neatly packed into one, simple box with removable partitions.
Dosage and Administration
Each syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1320-lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per lb (200 mcg/kg) of body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 220 lb (100 kg) of body weight.
All horses should be included in a regular parasite control program with particular attention being paid to mares, foals, and yearlings. Foals should be treated initially at four weeks of age and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet specific needs. EQUIMAX Paste effectively controls gastrointestinal nematodes and bots of horses. Regular treatment will reduce the chance of colic caused by Anoplocephala perfoliata and verminous arteritis caused by Strongylus vulgaris.
Equimax Paste has been formulated specifically for use in horses and ponies only. This product should not be used in other animal species as severe adverse reactions, including fatalities in dogs, may result.
Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
Not for use in humans. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. Refrain from eating or smoking when handling. Wash hands after use. Avoid contact with eyes. The Material Safety Data Sheet contains more detailed occupational safety information.
Ivermectin and excreted ivermectin residues may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Do not contaminate ground or surface water. Dispose of the syringe in an approved landfill or by incineration.