HYDROXYZINE PAMOATE (By mouth)
Hydroxyzine Pamoate (hye-DROX-i-zeen PAM-oh-ate)
Treats anxiety, tension, nervousness, nausea, vomiting, allergies, skin rash, hives, and itching.Belongs to a class of drugs called antihistamines.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an unusual or allergic reaction to hydroxyzine.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often. Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- May be taken with or without food or milk.
- Shake the oral liquid well before using. Carefully measure your dose with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out the of reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking sedatives, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, pain pills, or seizure medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Check with your doctor before taking hydroxyzine if you have heart or liver disease, enlarged prostate, trouble urinating, or glaucoma.
- Talk with your doctor before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Hydroxyzine can make some people dizzy or drowsy, be careful if you drive a car or operate machinery.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Seizures or tremors
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Tightness in the chest
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Changes in vision such as trouble focusing