100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and additive free. Loose hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
- Crude Protein min 7.00%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fiber max 32.00%
- Moisture max 15.00%
Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
Western Timothy hay can be fed free-choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to oat hay, brome and orchard grass. Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what you give them, you need to give them more! Hay should be used not only for nutritional purposes, but for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behavior.
Try feeding hay in new and inventive ways to increase consumption:
- Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
- Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet’s favorite spot.
- Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
- Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc...
- Tickle your pet with strands of hay - they may take a bite and realize how tasty it is.
How much do I feed daily?
It should be fed free choice daily. That means the hay is available at all times. 75% of a small herbivore’s diet should be hay.