Have a question? Give us a call! 800-979-2869
Check out our latest deals!
Erysipelothrix Rhusiopathiae Vaccine
Avirulent Live Culture
For Use In Swine
For use in healthy swine 6 weeks of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae.
For Veterinary Use Only
DOSE: For oral use only. Resuspend the lyophilized cake with the supplied diluent. Dilute in an appropriate volume of skim milk or rehydrated non-medicated milk replacer and then administer at 1 ounce per gallon non-chlorinated drinking water using a proportional liquid dispenser. Vaccinate pigs at 6 weeks of age or older with 2 doses given 2 weeks apart. The revaccination schedule has not been established.
CAUTION: Store in the dark at 35° to 45°F (2° to 7°C). Avoid freezing. Do not vaccinate within 21 days of slaughter. Shake well before administration. Use entire contents when first opened. Chlorine or other antimicrobial agents, if present in the vaccine water, may inactivate the vaccine. Please follow administration instructions carefully to ensure proper efficacy of this live vaccine. Allergic reactions, although rare, may occur. The antidote is epinephrine. Burn container and all unused contents.
Dosage is based on number of pigs not weight of pigs. Use at least one dose of vaccine per pig being vaccinated.
PREPARE THE PIGS AND THE WATER SYSTEM
1. Remove all disinfectants, medications, and sanitizers from feed and water system at least 72 hours prior to vaccination to assure antibacterial agents are removed. All materials used in administering this vaccine must be free of antibiotic or disinfectant residue to prevent inactivation of this vaccine. Do not administer this vaccine in chlorinated water.
2. Withhold drinking water at least 8 to 10 hours (overnight) prior to vaccination.
3. Flush water system (including medication proportioner) with clean skim milk or non-medicated milk replacer to remove all traces of antibacterial agents.
PREPARE PROPORTIONER STOCK SOLUTION
4. The amount of stock solution needed for the proportioner is calculated based on how much the pigs will drink. Determine the total weight of pigs to be vaccinated. (No. Pigs X average weight per pig = total weight). Go to Table 1 to look up the amount of stock solution you'll need for pigs this size and number.
5. Add the amount of freshly prepared skim milk or non-medicated milk replacer from Table 1 to the stock solution container.
MIX THE VACCINE INTO THE STOCK SOLUTION
6. Resuspend the dry vaccine in the accompanying diluent immediately before use. USE AT LEAST ONE DOSE OF VACCINE PER PIG.
7. Add the vaccine into the stock solution container and rinse the vial(s).
8. Mix vaccine thoroughly into the stock solution.
9. Insert proportioner hose into the stock solution, set proportioner to deliver 1 ounce per gallon, and start water flow. Continue until all of the vaccine stock solution has been administered (about 4-8 hours). Swirl vaccine solution each half hour or so during vaccination to ensure uniform dosing.
DO NOT MEDICATE OR DISINFECT WATER SYSTEM FOR 72 HOURS PRIOR TO AND 72 HOURS FOLLOWING VACCINATION.
Table 1: Proportioner Stock Solution Amounts
Total weight of all pigs to be vaccinated
Estimated amount of water consumed in a 6 hour vaccination period*
Stock Solution for Proportioner - ounces of stock solution needed to vaccinate pigs
500 lb/223 kg
1.25 gallons/5 litres
1.25 ounces/37 mL
1,000 lb/453 kg
2.5 gallons/9.5 litres
2.5 ounces/74 mL
2,000 lb/907 kg
5.0 gallons/19 litres
5.0 ounces/148 mL
5,000 lb/2,300 kg
12.5 gallons/47 litres
12.5 ounces/370 mL
10,000 lb/4,500 kg
25 gallons/95 litres
25 ounces/740 mL
20,000 lb/9,000 kg
50 gallons/190 litres
50 ounces/1,480 mL
50,000 lb/23,000 kg
125 gallons/470 litres
125 ounces/3,700 mL
100,000 lb/45,300 kg
250 gallons/950 litres
250 ounces/7,400 mL
* Use this table to look up the amount of stock solution you'll need so all pigs drink enough during the vaccination period. Because pigs drink 8-12% of their body weight per day, the stock solution amount depends on the total number and total weight of the pigs. But the amount of vaccine you use is always one dose per pig, regardless of weight.
© 2004 Fort Dodge Animal Health. All Rights Reserved.
Fort Dodge Animal Health, Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501 USA
U.S. Vet. License No. 112
One vial vaccineOne vial diluent
100 Doses - Rehydrate to 20 mL
250 Doses - Rehydrate to 50 mL
500 Doses - Rehydrate to 100 mL
NAC No.: 10032705